Terms & Conditions – Competition
1. Terms and conditions – Dougarie Boathouse Scottish Wedding Show, Instagram and Facebook competition (the “Competition”). To participate in the Competition, users must:
- Like, comment, tag contacts in the Dougarie Boathouse “win your wedding venue” post, and follow Dougarie Boathouse on Instagram or Facebook.
- Download the Dougarie Boathouse wedding brochure.
- For an extra entry, participants can share the Competition post to their stories tagging the Dougarie Boathouse.
- Alternatively, participants can sign up face to face with one of our representatives at a wedding show or fair that the Dougarie Boathouse is exhibiting at.
- Enter via “Your Scottish Wedding” by answering the question in the article published.
2. No purchase is necessary; however, participants will need an internet connection and access to Instagram. No refund may be claimed for expenses incurred in participating in the Competition, including in relation to internet use.
3. The Competition will run until 23:59 GMT on Sunday 31st December 2023. Entries made by direct reply to this T&C page will not be accepted.
4. The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) except for employees, contractors or family members of Dougarie Estate/Dougarie Boathouse (the “Venue”), or anyone directly connected with the Venue. Participants must be 21 years of age or over.
5. The prize consists of a Dougarie Boathouse wedding venue-only package that is to be used on an available date in 2024 (the “Prize”). This includes the use of the Dougarie Boathouse for the wedding day and set-up the day prior, tables, chairs, support from the Venue wedding co-ordinator and access to our preferred supplier list only. Any incidental costs or charges relating to the Prize (including but not limited to charges incurred for additional staff, entertainment, food, drinks or
damages) shall be paid in full by the Winner on receipt of the Venue’s invoice and in any event within 21 days of the end of the event.
6. There will be 1 winner (the “Winner”) who will be selected at random, after the Competition deadline of 11.59 pm GMT on Sunday 31st December 2023, who has fulfilled the criteria in 1. i) and ii) above. Entries made after this point will not be counted.
7. The Winner will be required to provide their personal email address, contact phone number and home address as instructed at the time of being announced as our Winner.
8. The Winner shall confirm the date of the booking (subject to availability in accordance with clause 5) by confirming in writing within six weeks of the Prize being drawn on Sunday 31st December 2023. The wedding ceremony and venue booking are required to take place on the same day. A binding contract is only made between the Venue and the Winner after the Venue has received confirmation of the booking in writing.
9. The Winner shall pay to the Venue a £1,000 security retainer payable prior to the date of the wedding. In the event of any damage or loss to the property including carpets, fixtures and decorations [or alcohol being brought in and consumed at the Venue], a charge will be made from this retainer. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that the security retainer is insufficient to meet the cost of any such loss or damage, then the Winner shall indemnify the Venue in full.
10. The Winner will be required to book and pay for insured wedding suppliers such as caterers, photographers, celebrants, florists, pipers and bands etc.
11. The Winner is also recommended to consider more comprehensive wedding / event insurance against the Winner’s risks (such as potential financial commitments to other suppliers for the Winner’s event and also the Winner’s own expenditure if the booking is cancelled or otherwise disrupted).
12. As part of the Winner’s above obligation and the Venue’s further recommendation to insure, the Venue strongly recommends that the Winner checks with its insurance provider that the policy sufficiently covers the Winner’s particular circumstances. If the Winner chooses not to, or is otherwise unable to obtain wedding / event insurance that provides sufficient cover for the Winner’s risks under the contract, the Winner agrees that this is at the Winner’s own risk.
The Venue will, however, not treat the Winner choosing not to take out insurance (or being unable to obtain insurance) as a breach by the Winner of the contract.
13. We reserve the right to modify or terminate this prize draw temporarily or permanently at any time without prior notice. Venue.
14. We reserve the right to exclude any entries which we believe to be inappropriate, fraudulent or based on misconduct.
15. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part.
16. The Winner will have 7 days to respond and claim their Prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time, we reserve the right to select a new winner.
17. The decisions of the Promoter (as defined at clause 26 below) are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. By taking part in this Competition, all participants consent to us collecting, storing and using their personal data submitted with their entry for the purposes of this Competition.
20. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Scottish Wedding Show, Instagram or Facebook. You are providing your information to the Dougarie Boathouse, not the Scottish Wedding Show, Instagram or Facebook. By participating in this Competition, you agree to a complete release of Scottish Wedding Show, Instagram and Facebook from any claims.
21. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged or delayed. For example, as a result of network, system development, computer or telecommunications failures or fault of any kind – including any hardware, programming code, databases or software used in the promotion.
22. The Winner will be required to participate in related publicity without further reward. E.g., be photographed for website/social media/newspaper stories, provide a short statement about their win.
23. The Winner will be required to allow access to the Venue’s preferred commercial photographer on-site before, during and after their wedding. The Dougarie Boathouse and Dougarie Estate reserve the right to use photographs, videos and digital assets taken during the wedding. The Dougarie Boathouse reserves the right to use photographs, videos and digital assets on the Dougarie Boathouse and Dougarie Estate social media platforms, websites, wedding platforms, PR partners and digital agencies.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend without notice this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
25. This Competition and these terms and conditions are governed by Scottish law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
26. Promoter: Dougarie Boathouse, Dougarie. Isle of Arran. Website address: thedougarieboathouse.co.uk